Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Dependance

Depending on the Lord is really the best place to be. Today it is 144 days until I fly to Texas to join my team with Global Expeditions and begin training to fly halfway around the world and share the Gospel! When I first started this crazy journey, my parents made it clear that they do not have the money to send me. Thankfully, the Lord does and He uses His people to provide for me. Even though it had always been an option to wait until next summer to go or to go to just India or just Nepal this summer, I have always had my heart set on going to both this summer. I cannot explain why, but I always had it in my mind that I would go to Nepal and India in summer 2012, even when I had no money to put towards my trip.
So I had to depend on the Lord. In a month, I had nearly $1,000. That was crazy to me, to have so much so fast! Yet still I was discouraged, not knowing if I would ever make it. I was doubting the Lord's faithfulness and His ability and will to provide for me every last penny I needed. So at the beginning of December, I stepped out in faith. I asked God to provide half of the money I needed for my trip by the end of December. If I truly didn't have because I didn't ask, then I wanted to ask.
It felt wrong, asking. I am so unworthy I could barely handle asking our Almighty Father to do something for me. Sure, it would all go toward His glory and to further His Kingdom, but I had my qualms. I asked anyway. I didn't want to test the Lord, but I did want to step out and faith and trust that He really would do it. Funny thing is, God likes to show His children up, in a sense. I'm sure He just laughs at times because of how ridiculous I am! I was praying on the 3rd of December about getting half of the money (about $600 more) and low and behold, on the 5th I reached $2,500, halfway to my goal. I was simply astounded. God used His people who followed His voice to donate toward my trip and in so doing answered my prayers. It was crazy, still is crazy to me! When I got online to check my online Global Expeditions account and saw how much more I had, I started crying. What was I to say? The only thing to say was 'God is good' because no other thought would form in my mind.
I want to encourage you, in whatever way God is asking you to trust Him, do it. He always comes through and He is dependable.
I'll echo Paul's thoughts in Philippians 4:19-20
19 And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 20 Now to our God and Father be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. God can do anything, but as you are finding out, He chooses to work through people, asking them to show their faith, trust Him, and act. You have chosen to do that and to His glory He is rewarding your faith. God bless you and protect you on this journey and forever. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. God is good, and He will provide. Seek Him first. =)

      Delete