Saturday, March 22, 2014

I Promise

My Promise

     A few years ago I wrote out my ‘vows’ to the Lord. It was a time in my life when I really needed to trust the Lord and so I dedicated myself to Him. I had been following Him before that, but I wanted to lay out guidelines for my own life and how I would treat the Lord. These were my vows to the Lord:
     I promise to seek the Lord in all of my relationships. I promise to show affection for Him, not ever letting it seem as though I am ashamed to call Him my Lord, my Savior. I promise to love the Lord, even if I remain single all of my life. I promise with every breath to seek the Great I AM, not leaving any time for pity parties about what the Lord has not given me. I promise to always remember the Sacrifice Christ made for me when He hung on that wretched cross. I promise to not only be a hearer of the word, but a doer with great passion. I promise to seek You, Lord, all of the days of my life, no matter how long or how short. I promise.
     Beneath this promise, I signed my name. I can’t say that I have completely lived up to this standard. But this is my goal, my heart and my desire. I want to live my life in such a way that the Lord is pleased to the actions I take. I know He is happy with me, that He takes delight in me. I want to, in return, honor Him with my choices and actions. Oh, how I love thee, Lord! 

No comments:

Post a Comment