Saturday, September 22, 2012

Finally! (Day Four)

June 14th, 2012               Houston, Texas
     'This generation of Christians is responsible for this generation of souls on the earth!' -Keith Green
     I am finally GOING! I am sitting on a plane right now and the feeling is surreal! For the last eight months, I have waited for this and now it is here! god made the way and sent my whole team- Individually, we all needed about $5,000-$6,000 for this trip, and  there are 53 people on my project, going to Nepal. The Lord provides, and He is faithful. He hasn't brought us this far to leave us now.
     Today has been long and full of crazy mixed emotions. I started the day with food and my Quiet Time, and then packed up. I called home and talked to my family before eating lunch and getting the bus loaded. On the four hour drive to the Houston airport, I slept, talked to my mom and ate PB&J.
     When we got to the airport, we grabbed our luggage and got in our TAGs (Travel Acountability Groups.) Sierra is our TAG leader for the whole summer, even though she is only seventeen. She has been to India twice, and Nepal once before this trip, along with many other places. She is a great leader. Marissa told us to come up with a fun TAG name or theme. So, Sierra named us the Yeitis. A little crazy, I know!
     When we finally made it through security and to our gate, I called my mom for the last time in the states. I was ready to cry when she said, 'I love you.' She was at my senior class meeting, and my whole class shouted, 'We love you Leigha!' I am definetely going to miss them, but this is the Lord's work and I am so certain that I am in the perfect place.
     When I got on the huge plane and realized that I was sitting next to Beka and Michelle from my team, I was overjoyed. Praise the Lord!
     We sat down and enjoyed our 'gifts' that were given to us. Blanket, pillow, giftbag with the Taj Mahal on it ;) and headphones. Then they brought us candy and wet wipes. We feel so pampered and extremely blessed before we dive into mission life in Kathmandu.
     I slept for a long time on the fourteen hour flight, but the food was great and the company even better!
     Praise the Lord for His blessings!

     Highlights of the day:
     *Getting ready to board the flight and crying with Beka, Julia and Daniel, but laughing through it because we didn't want to cry. But the reality of 'leaving everything we have to follow Jesus' hit us hard. We are ready to follow Him with all we have, to give ourselves up for it, but saying goodbye is so very hard.
     *Sitting down on the flight and picking up the things in our seats, squeling 'We got gifts!' We slept in style with our eyemasks and earplugs. Good sleep! Jet lag to come...

I sit here at home, whe I have grown up and I just think of how crazy it is that just two months ago I was on the other side of this planet. It is so hard to fathom! But I am so thankful that God sent me! It is hard to remember exactly what it felt like to be standing in line with my boarding pass getting ready to get on my flight to go to the other side of the world. I know I was a little scared and a little but overwhelmed, but I was also so excited. This was what I had worked so long and so hard for! Praise the Lamb for bringing me to where I am. =)


 
Packing to leave Texas and fly to Nepal!
 
 
Our housing! The longhouse or dome. Actually pretty nice place to stay!

 
Outside of our little dome. Number 12

 
Those are all of our suitcases, going on the bus as we get ready to head to the airport. Sliced bread style.

 
Everyone on our project, headed to Nepal!

 
I told you we were excited about our gifts!

 
Michelle and I couldn't believe that we were actually on our plane, leaving the country.
 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so awesome! Can't wait to experience a trip together! :)

    ReplyDelete