Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Just the Begining (Day One)

     When James Calvart went out as a missionary to the cannibals of the Fiji Islands, the ship captain tried to turn him back, saying 'You will love your life and the lives of those with you if you go among such savages.' To that, Calvart replied, 'We died before we came here.'


     June 11th, 2012 - Garden Valley, Texas 
     I have seven minutes to explain all that happened today! I flew to DFW from Kansas City, met Brittany from Georgia who is on my project. We hung out together in the airport and then rode on a two hour bus ride to campus. Worship was amazing- wrecking! I'm getting ready to be wrecked. Registration was quick after worship, and then off to the Village for bed! The day has been a whirlwind! Meeting people, worshipping, smiling, laughing and giving myself completely to Jesus! God cares for me and calues me and wants every part of me! Best of all, I get to sacrifice myself for others.
     Being a missionary isn't glamorous, but it is so worth it. I am just getting used to the thought that this is day one of fifty three! God's gonna do so many amazing things! He gave me over $5,000 to be here and it is NOT about myself! It is ALL about Him and bringing praise to HIS name!
     Even when I am sweaty, covered in dirt and don't feel like I could possibly handle being kind for another second, He takes over and covers me with His grace. I do not rely on myself but Him. I am so glad to be here.

This journal entry seems like it was so long ago! I can't completely remember how I felt that day, and how crazy it all was and kind of overwhelming. When I got to the airport, I went to baggage claim and was met be GE staff and then taken to wait in the airport for such a long time. But during that time, I was able to meet people who were going all over the world! Romania, Russia, South Africa, Panama and so much more!
Most of all, I was so very excited to see all that God had in store for my team and for me.



On my flight to DFW for training!


 View from my plane.


Time with Jesus on my flight!

    
     Global Expeditions Headquarters! (Teen Mania Campus)

No comments:

Post a Comment