Friday, June 7, 2013

Ending is Just Beginning (Day Fifty Three)

     August 2nd, 2012 - Garden Valley, Texas/ Home
     It is over. MONTHS of fundraising, filling out forms, praying hard and now all of it is over. I am home. But am I really? Yes, I love my family. I am elated to be reunited with them, but I left parts of my heart on the other side of the world.
     I have never felt this way before. I have listened to Kara and her stories from Peru. God moved this summer. When we speak, God moves.
      I am home. I was treated to roast beef and a room full of balloons  flowers and chocolate. I am loved. But so many people are not. I have to go back, and I have to ALWAYS be the hands and feet of Jesus.
     My trip might be over but I will never be the same person who left two months ago. It is going to be hard. Sometimes, I might have to stand alone. What do I say when I am asked how my trip was? I had many encounters with God and I am closer to Him than ever before. I saw people healed, children get saved, adults renounce their false gods. 
     Never underestimate our God.
First time together in 53 days!

FINALLY! No PB&J for lunch!

All the stuff we brought for our trips.

The balloons to welcome me home!

Welcome back to the sunflower state! Chocolate, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment