Friday, June 7, 2013

Where's My Towel? (Day Fifty One)

     July 31st, 2012 - Kochi, India/ Doha, Qatar/ Texas, USA
     This is the longest day of my life. According to the time I have been living in for the past two months it is 11pm and since yesterday I have only had about six hours of sleep. In Texas, it is a little past noon. I am trying not to sleep but I am exhausted.
     I am glad to go home because I am wiped out emotionally, exhausted  as well as physically. But I feel like I left part of my heart back in India and I won't get it back. Has this trip turned out like I anticipated? No. But, I also had a very small idea of what to expect. This trip is not a safe environment, a perfect place to serve God (although it was perfect for me because god wanted me there.) Instead, it was so imperfect that I got a feel for what full time missions might be like. Plans change, sometimes five times in as many minutes. Flexibility is vital. I am not a very flexible person, but on this trip God has taught me how to become more flexible and just go with the flow. I do not HAVE to know what is going on next. I just need to trust the one who is in control. I've thought about where God wants me next, but I just don't know. I am relying on the fact that He will let me know when it is necessary for me to know. 'For we will walk by faith not by sight.' 2 Corinthians 5:7 I will NEVER be the same. I keep repeating this because in my heart, I won't be the same. Now I want my actions to reflect what my heart is now.
     I don't know if I will ever go back to Nepal or India, but I have a sense that maybe one day I will, and Lord willing, I would go back. But I know my heart is for all nations, not just those countries  I want to travel the world, taking the Gospel everywhere I go. Where next and what next, Lord?


At 1am (Texas time) we all got to campus and went to the showers. Our project was the only one in the showers and we were loud and excited to be there. However, Brittany tossed her towel in India and forgot she needed it for Texas. So she used her pajama pants as a towel. Creativity, right there. You know this is a great solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment