Thursday, June 6, 2013

We Are Water! (Day Thirty Three)

     July 13th, 2012 - Chennai, India
     Jesus has really blessed me. I am beginning the road to healing. I am feeling better than I have been the last few days. As we got ready, Jessica talked to us about how we should be like water, when it is poured out it always runs to the lowest and deepest point. We are water. Our MAG now is Living Water and each day we are focusing on a fruit of the spirit to put into action.
     Today's is love and our verses are 1 Corinth 13:4-8. We are seeking ways to love others much more than ourselves. After breakfast was our quiet time and we all searched for anything about love to remind us of what we want to strive for. After quiet time, we got to listen to our Ministry partners introduce their ministry. We are working with Serve India Ministries. They welcomed us with a ceremony. Perfume wiped on the hand, a rose given and rosewater sprinkled on us. It was a nice way to be welcomed.
     They then explained everything about their ministry and it was awesome to listen to. Afterwards we got to shower and have MAG time. My MAG went to lunch and ate together. I am learning their stories and what the Lord is teaching them, and where He has brought them. We shared pictures of our families and talked. The Lord is showing me the hearts of these women and drawing us closer together.
     After lunch we went shopping for our punjabies, our Indian clothes. Long shirts, leggings and scarves. It is fun to have these clothes to wear, but also so hot! All of this heat is already making me look forward to home. Jesus, sustain me!
     When we got back to the hotel, I tried one of my outfits on and then got my clothes changed to go to supper. When I am just sitting, I am pouring sweat. I have no felt this way before.
     At supper, we started our countdown to Christmas in July. 12 days- and we sang our 12 days of GE Christmas. It gives us something to look forward to. It helps me to be looking forward to something. I am ready for ministry. I get a little stir crazy when we have so many days without ministry.
     This trip may be one of the hardest things I have done, but I know every second and every moment is worth it for the Kingdom of God. Because I am here with my team, lives are being changed and people's eternities are being affected. Today I went to bed ready for God to change me all over again here in India.

     My MAG had a little call, each of us saying a word so our MA would know we were all there. We would go 'We are water!' Don't forget to run to the lowest point.

Indian clothes!

My MAG about to have some quiet time in the hallway. (Because our room was so hot!)


No comments:

Post a Comment