Friday, June 7, 2013

I'm Headed to Africa!

     I can see the faces. My heart starts to beat faster with anticipation. When I pray, my mind can't stop thinking about it. In such a short amount of time, my arms will hold African children, my hands will be put to work in any job needed, my heart and mind will be poured out as I share with everyone around me who Jesus is and what He has done. I will be missing my sister's due date, the day my nephew or niece will join us in this world. But I am reminded that this baby has many to love him, but there are so many who are unloved and I will go wrap my arms around them and love like Jesus did when He was here.
     In just eight short days I will be on a plane headed for Texas, where I will once again train for my mission trip. Then, on the following Tuesday I will be headed to South Africa for a month, and then on to Uganda. It has been a journey these last several months in raising over $6,000 in preparation and getting everything that I need. But the Lord has been teaching me so much and I am looking forward to what He has in store for me.
     As I reread my journal entries from last summer I am reminded of the things I don't want to happen this time. I do not want to spend my whole summer being homesick. Yes, I love my family, but I do not want to be so homesick that my heart is not in the ministry. I want to be focused and energized, empowered by our Lord.
     I want to be bold in doing exactly as the Spirit leads me to do. Thank you, Jesus, for taking me on this journey. I am excited for all you have for me!

I am so ready! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment